Michael Rozin, our newest board member provides great insight on this new release below.
Thank you Michael for sharing your knowledgeable insight.
On Tuesday, March 29th AQAP released their 5th Issue of the Inspire Magazine. It should serve us – security professionals- as a fresh reminder of the motivation, thinking and modus operandi of terrorist perpetrators.
In this issue AQAP:
- Encourages attacks against western targets.
- Focuses the perpetrators on easy & soft targets.
- Encourages the perpetrators to act individually.
- Ensure our protected environments aren’t easy & soft targets. Terrorists have for a long time been selecting potential targets based on ease of execution and damage potential. We (security professionals) must establish effective measures that challenge the perpetrators, thus eliminate the “ease of execution” factor and affect the psychology of the adversaries.
- Initiate and empower public awareness on all levels. From people on the street to employees, from tenants to visitors, from our family to our friends it is our responsibility to increase public’s awareness, thus creating a very challenging environment for terrorist perpetrators to carry out their attacks.
These are some of my thoughts / ideas that I hope you find relevant.